Above and Beyond Anchorage Tour
More than a city tour, explore the wild regions and stunning landscapes of the Anchorage area
Discover the history, both natural and human, of the largest city in the state
Journey to the lesser-known gems of the greater Anchorage area and the scenic Turnagain Arm and explore with a local, long-time Alaskan Guide!
Vibrant Alaskan culture, history, and wildlife, can all be found on our half to full-day private Anchorage tours, completely customized to your interests. Each journey will be different from the last. We work together to create an experience that’s completely unique for you!
Our comfortable tour van is always stocked with great snacks, Alaskan jerky to sample, glacier water to sip, and authentic Alaskan artifacts to hold.
Both tours include a complimentary stop at the best local ice cream shop in town! A well-known local theory is that Alaskans eat more ice cream per capita than any state in the country… which includes during the Winter!
Below are some of our most popular Anchorage Area activities for our half-day “Beyond Anchorage” Journey:
• Learn the exciting history of Anchorage
• View the Anchorage Port, the supply lifeline for the Alaskan Interior
• Photograph the best scenery in Anchorage
• Take pictures of the busiest seaplane base in the world
• See a reindeer in downtown Anchorage
• Visit our favorite shop for amazing handmade Alaskan Native arts and crafts
• Search for Alaska wildlife along Turnagain Arm
• Drive along dozens of beautiful frozen waterfalls
• Learn about Alaska’s Native Heritage from an Alaskan Native. The Alaska Native Heritage Center is a living cultural center located in Anchorage, Alaska, that promotes the active observance of Alaska Native culture and traditions (Monday through Friday)
• See and photograph the finest displays of Alaska’s aviation history including interactive displays, memorabilia, photographs, films, and artifacts from personal collections of Alaska’s pioneer aviators. Fly in a flight simulator, watch the restoration of a WW2 P-40 Warhawk, and hear live Anchorage air traffic (Monday – Sunday)