Anchorage & Beyond
Full – Day
Private-Custom Anchorage Tours
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Our Anchorage tours are customized for you
- Photograph the best scenery in and around Anchorage
- Search for Alaska wildlife along Turnagain Arm
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center or Indian Valley Mine
- Learn about the exciting history of the Anchorage area and the best activities to enjoy on your own
- Our Anchorage tours include a complimentary aerial portrait of your group, when available
Explore the stunning landscapes of the Anchorage area and beyond with an experienced local Guide!
Journey to the lesser-known gems of the greater Anchorage area, Turnagain Arm or Matanuska Valley. Vibrant Alaskan culture, wildlife and glaciers may all be found on our full-day private journey.
Your guide will pick you up from any Anchorage location for this full day adventure. The tour can include: photographing the best scenery in and around anchorage, searching for wildlife, visiting the Wildlife Conservation Center, taking a UTV ride through the rainforest, visiting an Alaskan gold mining claim, driving through Lake Hood (the busiest seaplane place in the world!), driving along the scenic Turnagain Arm, visiting the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, panning for gold, riding the Mt. Alyeska tram, experiencing the Whittier Tunnel and a complimentary stop at a local ice cream shop.
Our comfortable tour van is always stocked with great snacks, Alaskan caribou to sample, glacier water to sip and authentic Alaskan artifacts to hold.
- 8 hour private, custom tour with a local Alaskan Guide
- Pickup/Drop-off at any Anchorage location
- Great snacks, local glacier water and Alaskan caribou
- Admission to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center or Indian Valley Mine
- Boxed lunch included on tour
- Local ice cream stop
- $950 flat-rate, for 1-7 people
- Plus $50 per person activity and access fee*
*Activity fee includes access and admission fees to Chugach State Park and Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center or the Indian Valley Mine
Wild Journeys’ staff is a diverse team of year-round locals that have been guiding in Alaska throughout their professional careers. Our passion is sharing authentic and unique Alaskan experiences with adventure seekers. We introduce our guests to the real, wild grandeur of Alaska.
We are tourism professionals, outdoor operations specialists, hunting guides, school teachers, commercial fishermen, gold prospectors, contractors, photographers, Arctic carpenters, commercial drone pilots, land surveyors and freelancers.
We treat all our guests as if they were our own family visiting Alaska; our guides will take you to the very same places, sometimes hidden gems, they would take their own family and friends.
Our Founder, Tim Cook, has been guiding Alaskan adventures for over 20 years. Tim is the founder and owner of Wild Journeys, Alaska ATV Adventures and Arctic Air Expeditions. His decades of experience working and living in rural Alaska inspired him to start a career in adventure tourism. He began offering off the beaten path options to visitors that his family and locals enjoy. He is most well-known for his world-class polar bear photography tours in the Alaskan high arctic polar region.