Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise
Get up close to shore admiring the sheer cliff walls and tumbling waterfalls before viewing two tidewater glaciers!
September & October Departures
Sit back and enjoy the ride on this full-day journey…
Our journey up Blackstone Bay takes us close to shore admiring the sheer cliff walls and tumbling waterfalls en route to two tidewater glaciers, Beloit and Blackstone. In less than one hour from Whittier, you will be sitting at the face of a wall of ice. Tucked up in a safe nook between Blackstone and Northland glacier enjoy a delicious Alaskan-style lunch. Step ashore to experience the natural geology of this glacier-carved fjord.
Heavy snows and accumulations of glacial ice characterize the Prince William Sound region. It owes much of its present form and appearance to erosion caused by the ice. Its remaining glaciers are among the best-known glaciers of Alaska!
..more sourced information can be found in this Geology of Price Willam Sound publication
Potential Tour Highlights:
- Search for Dall Sheep on the steep cliffs of Turnagain Arm and depending on the season, Beluga Whales
- Enjoy a tidal walk
(Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise is a public tour)
Note for September bookings: a box lunch is included on the glacier cruise. The cruise duration is 4.5 hours.
Note for October bookings: a box lunch is included for picnic or van consumption. The cruise duration is 3.5 hours and only departs on Sunday, Wednesday & Friday.
- Services of a local Alaskan Guide
- Comfortable van transportation from either Anchorage or Girdwood
- Snacks and bottled water in your van
- Lunch on the cruise in September and box lunch in October
- Pickup at any Anchorage or Girdwood location
- Additional optional extra activities
- Gratuity for your guide
- Tour Price: $825, plus $20 per person + $203.50 (if in September) per person for the cruise $192.50 per person for the cruise (if in October)