Kenai River Float – Wild Journeys Signature Tour
Explore the Kenai Peninsula, Float the Kenai River and Ride the famous Alaska Railroad
3 tours in 1 day!
Sit back and enjoy the ride on this full-day journey…
Head down into Alaska’s famous Coastal Rainforest, the mighty Kenai Peninsula. Your local Alaskan guide will teach you local knowledge and share with you what it’s really like to live in the wilds of “The Last Frontier.” They’ll take you to their favorite, sometimes hidden destinations, on your way to the coastal town of Seward. One of our goals is to try avoiding crowds. Your guide will be happy take photos/video of your whole group with your cameras enjoying the day.
Potential Tour Highlights:
- Search for Dall Sheep on the steep cliffs of Turnagain Arm and depending on season, Beluga Whales.
- Walk on unique High Alpine Tundra
- Explore Wild Journeys special gold prospecting claim
- Walk up close to scenic waterfalls
- Embark on your Kenai River float in Cooper Landing
- Hop on the Alaska Railroad back to Anchorage
(Kenai River Float may be a public tour).
Wind down your adventure with a fabulous Alaskan Railroad train ride back to Anchorage with optional dinner on train.
Potential daily wildlife sightings include: Moose, Arctic Tern, Dall Sheep, Beluga Whales, Bears, Sea Otters, Harbor Seals, Sea Lions, Dall’s Porpoise, Humpback Whales, Orcas, Sea Birds, and Alaskan Salmon. Our guides will do their best to find wildlife for you on your tour. Probability of wildlife sightings are dependent on time of year and are not guaranteed.