Spring Wildlife Cruise
March 5 – May 8 2022
Witness the return of gray whales to Alaska waters on their annual 10,000 mile migration!
Join us on the first tour of the season as we cruise through Resurrection Bay to the Gulf of Alaska in search of wildlife.
In addition to gray whales, you may also see Steller sea lions, sea otters, eagles, humpback whales, and orcas.
- Search for wildlife and enjoy the snow-capped mountains and incredible spring scenery of Resurrection Bay and the Kenai Mountains
- Experience the unique opportunity to view a whale species that is only in the area for a short time in the spring.
- View other wildlife including Steller sea lions, sea otters, harbor seals, mountain goats, bears, eagles, humpback whales, and orcas.
Join the first cruise of the season and search for gray whales on their incredible annual migration. Every year, gray whales migrate over 10,000 miles round-trip between Baja and the Bering and Chukchi Seas – the longest migration route of any mammal. These whales begin migrating north in late February and arrive in Alaska in the spring, spending the summer feeding in shallow Arctic waters before migrating south in mid-October. They deliver their calves in the warm, protected lagoons off the coast of Baja in the winter.
The Spring Wildlife Cruise takes you through Resurrection Bay to the edge of the Gulf of Alaska in search of our returning visitors. In addition to gray whales, watch for Steller sea lions, sea otters, Dall’s porpoises, harbor seals, bald eagles, and other whales including humpbacks and orcas. Occasionally, you will see mountain goats with their newly born kids and black bears foraging along the coastline of Resurrection Bay. This tour is fully narrated by our experienced, knowledgeable captains.
Departure location: Seward Harbor 360 Hotel
Departing: 12:30 pm
Returning: 4:30 pm
Additional Option: Turnagain Arm Van Tour
Head down into Alaska’s famous Coastal Rainforest, the mighty Kenai Peninsula. Your local Alaskan guide will teach you local knowledge and share with you what it’s really like to live in the wilds of “The Last Frontier.” They’ll take you to their favorite, sometimes hidden destinations, on your way to the coastal town of Seward. One of our goals is to try to avoid crowds. Your guide will be happy to take photos/videos of your whole group with your cameras enjoying the day.
Potential Tour Highlights:
- Search for Dall Sheep on the steep cliffs of Turnagain Arm and depending on the season, Beluga Whales.
- Walk on unique High Alpine Tundra
- Explore Wild Journeys special gold prospecting claim
- Walk up close to scenic waterfalls
- See spawning salmon jumping out of the water (seasonal)
- Embark on your cruise in Seward
Included in Tour Price:
- 4 hour Spring Wildlife Cruise
- Services of an experienced captain and crew
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and water are provided. Snacks, beverages, beer, and wine are available for purchase during the cruise.
- Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard
Included with Turnagain Arm Van Tour:
- Services of a local Alaskan Guide
- Comfortable van transportation from either Anchorage or Girdwood
- Plentiful photo stops along Turnagain Arm
- Boxed trail lunch
- Snacks and bottled water in your van
- Pickup at any Anchorage or Girdwood location
Not Included in Tour Price:
- Lunch (unless booked with Turnagain Arm Tour)
- Warm clothing
- Gratuity for your guide
- Adult (age 12+): $89.00
- Child (age 2-11): $44.50
- Infant (under 2): Free
Turnagain Arm Van Tour Price:
Exclusive van tour transport can accommodate up to 7 people
- $825 + $20 per person, plus the price of the cruise
All bookings are are handled personally the Wild Journeys staff. Please Contact Us and together we will create an epic adventure!