Hidden Gems Anchorage & Beyond
EXCLUSIVE Full-Day Journey
Depart: 9:00 AM | Return: 5:00 PM (ish)
More than a city tour, explore the wild regions and stunning landscapes of the Anchorage area and a little beyond!
Discover the history, both natural and human, of the largest city in the state
Journey to the lesser-known hidden gems of the greater Anchorage area and the scenic Turnagain Arm and explore with a local, long-time Alaskan Guide!
Vibrant Alaskan culture, wildlife, and glaciers can all be found on our full-day private journey, discover hidden gems through Anchorage and the Turnagain Arm!
Our comfortable tour van is always stocked with great snacks, Alaskan jerky to sample, glacier water to sip, and authentic Alaskan artifacts to hold.
The full-day journey includes a complimentary stop at the best local ice cream shop in Anchorage! A well-known local theory is that Alaskans eat more ice cream per capita than any state in the country… which includes during the Winter!
FULL DAY “Above and Beyond Anchorage” Journey includes:
- Learn the exciting history of Anchorage
- View the Anchorage Port, the supply lifeline for the Alaskan Interior
- Photograph the best scenery in Anchorage
- Take pictures of the busiest seaplane base in the world
- See a reindeer in downtown Anchorage
- Search for Alaska wildlife along Turnagain Arm
- Drive along Turnagain Arm viewing dozens of beautiful waterfalls
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center or Indian Valley Mine – your choice, it’s your tour!
- Private, complimentary aerial 5k portrait of your group, when available
- Alyeska Tram to the top of the mountain for lunch
- Stop at the Girdwood Brewing Company for a microbrew or Hightower Pub for espresso
- Ice Cream Stop
Included in Tour Price:
- ~ 8 hour private, custom tour with a comfortable van transportation
- Pickup / Drop-off at any Anchorage location (restaurants included!)
- Services of a local Alaskan Guide
- Complimentary 5k aerial portrait of your group, when available
- Snacks and glacier water
- Sample Alaskan caribou
- Big scoop of local, homemade ice cream
- Alyeska Tram/Lunch Combo Admission ($20 coupon towards Bore Tide Deli provided)
- Admission to either the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center or Indian Valley Mine
Not Included in Tour Price:
- Gratuity for your guide
- Lunch at the Bore Tide (top of the mountain / $20 coupon towards food purchase provided)
- Beverages at Girdwood Brewing or Hightower Pub
- $477.50 per person*, minimum of 2 people or equivalent (Exclusive departure, up to 6 of your guests in the van)
*Please see below for per person pricing
- Person #1 = $477.50
- Person #2 = $477.50
- Person #3 = $70.00
- Person #4 = $70.00
- Person #5 = $70.00
- Person #6 = $70.00
- Person #7 = $70.00
All bookings are handled personally by the Wild Journeys staff. Please Contact Us and together we will create an epic adventure!