Majestic Glacier Hike
Private – Custom Tour
- Enjoy a majestic Glacier hike on the largest glacier in North America accessible by road
- Photograph the best glacial scenery in the Anchorage area
- Search for Alaska wildlife along the drive
- Learn about glaciology and the unique features of the largest glacier in North America accessible by road
- Complimentary aerial portrait of your group, when available
Take an epic journey North of Anchorage for the day to hike on the largest glacier in North America accessible by road. The drive is one of the most spectacular in South-Central Alaska, our favorite. You’ll explore massive walls of ice, walk among crevasses large enough to fit cars and walk on ice hundreds of years old. Your guide will teach you about glaciology, local Alaskan history and stop at a few amazing photo spots along your drive.
Your guide will be happy to take photos/video of your whole group with your cameras enjoying the day. Every photo taken on this tour is a wall framer.
Unlike many glacial opportunities one can experience in Alaska, on this glacier you will start your hike on glacial moraine and make the transitional journey onto the blue ice! The Glacier moves about one foot per day; the glacier you walk on today won’t be the same tomorrow!
The glacier hike consists of low to somewhat moderate inclines. We do not move fast, due to variable terrain. We accommodate most ability levels. We can modify our route and distance based on your ability level. The benefit of a private tour is you don’t have to hike with a tour group of a variety of ability levels. This is your tour and we hike at your pace.
* Must wear footwear with ankle support
- 8 hour private, custom tour
- Services of a local Alaskan Glacier Guide
- All glacier hiking safety gear needed
- Comfortable van transportation
- Gourmet lunch at a local favorite eatery
- Snacks and bottled water
- Pickup / Drop-off at any Anchorage location
* The Glacier is open to the public. On this Private Tour, we’ll do our best to circumvent other visitors
- 1-3 guests: $825 total tour price
- Additional guests: $290 per person
Wild Journeys’ staff is a diverse team of year-round locals that have been guiding in Alaska throughout their professional careers. Our passion is sharing authentic and unique Alaskan experiences with adventure seekers. We introduce our guests to the real, wild grandeur of Alaska.
We are tourism professionals, outdoor operations specialists, hunting guides, school teachers, commercial fishermen, gold prospectors, contractors, photographers, Arctic carpenters, commercial drone pilots, land surveyors and freelancers.
We treat all our guests as if they were our own family visiting Alaska; our guides will take you to the very same places they would take their own family and friends.
Our Founder, Tim Cook, has been guiding Alaskan adventures for over 20 years. Tim is the founder and owner of Wild Journeys, Alaska ATV Adventures and Arctic Air Expeditions. His decades of experience working and living in rural Alaska inspired him to start a career in adventure tourism. He began offering off the beaten path options to visitors that his family and locals enjoy. He is most well-known for his world-class polar bear photography tours in the Alaskan high arctic polar region.